FLOATING LIFE YACHT MANAGEMENT
The Floating Life Yacht Management Team is richly experienced in all aspects of Yacht Management. Our specialists will guide and support Owners and Captains in Accounting and Financial Administration, Crew Support, Technical Management, Insurance Support, Interior and Exterior Follow-Up Refurbishment, Logistics and Purchasing. In compliance with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards, we are certified ISO 9001:2015 in quality management system for the services we provide in Yacht Management.
Accounting & Financial Administration
Our account personnel has extensive experience that allows us to provide an accurately predicted budget, set-up an appropriate accounting system and analyse expenditure. We provide a realistic operating budget based upon our assessment of the Yacht and her planned usage. We train Captains to familiarise them with procedures. We arrange for delivery of funds to the Yacht and payment to suppliers. We also monitor all expenditure, supply detailed and transparent monthly/quarterly accounts to the Owners.
- Advising on any regulatory changes affecting Yacht operations
- Arranging money transfers to Captains for on-board expenditures
- Arranging payment of Yacht expenses worldwide
- Checking bank accounts and credit cards statements
- Checking Captains’ monthly accounts
- Checking invoices and disbursements of all goods and services
- Establishing and maintaining Yacht bank accounts
- Input on annual budgets and financial planning
- Preparing annual financial reports
- Preparing quarterly statements, along with expenditure analyses
- Processing wire transfers for payment of invoices
- Set-up and management of financial software
If the Yacht does charter activity, we do arrange charter APA’s.
Floating Life Yacht Management provides a Crew management service to support in th smooth and effective running of Yacht human resources, such as: verifying qualifications, monitoring certification & medical insurances, travel expenses, handling contract negotiation, defining objectives and performance assessment. We assist in Crew recruitment to ensure the best-suited Crew are selected.
- Advising Captains on MLC requirements
- Assisting and liaising with Captains on employment disputes
- Assisting Captains in Crew placement
- General Crew administration, support and repatriation
- Handling of Crew medical insurance, accidents and claims
- Issuing Captains and Crew contracts
- Receiving, handling and forwarding Crew mails
- Verifying and renewing Crew certificates of competency and licences
Crew payroll services based on flag jurisdiction are also provided as a separate service and upon request. Crew contracts management and payslips issuance will vary according to Crew on-board.
To protect the value of Owners’ assets, Floating Life Yacht Management Technical Team also provides assistance with the maintenance and refitting of Yachts. Yachts conditions are monitored constantly through recurrent visits on-board and using job lists to schedule maintenance works with shipyards, subcontractors and Crew. We assess experience and skills of all companies carrying out the work to ensure the best and most cost-effective results.
- Appointing competent personnel to oversee the maintenance and efficiency of the Yacht
- Appointing surveyors and technical consultants as necessary
- Arranging supply of necessary materials and spares, if required
- Assisting on-board engineering staff with shipyards specifications and troubleshooting
- Planning maintenance schedules with review of their effectiveness with periodic inspections
- Visiting shipyards during routine dry-docking
Floating Life Yacht Management assists Owners in finding the most suitable insurance according to their usage and operational areas.
- Administrating insurance policies
- Arranging insurance covers for the Yacht and Crew
- Handling of claims relating to the Yacht, Crew and supervision of repairs
Interior & Exterior Follow-Up Refurbishment
We support Owners and Captains in furnishing the Yacht with all items needed (furniture, fabrics, galley utensils, display objects). Our experts meet with Owners and Interior Crew members to assess spaces to take notice of their requirements and tastes.
Thanks to our extensive number of suppliers, we can provide a wide-range choice at convenient prices.
Logistics & Purchasing
Floating Life has developed a Client-oriented logistic service by drawing on considerable experience gained in the management business. The logistic side of the service focuses on the Yacht’s needs. General support is given to Captains and Crews with customs clearance, cruising permits, shipping and port agents.
- Customs handling
- On-board deliveries
- Searching and procuring spares
- Suppliers comparative analyses
Integrity, quality, and expertise – Floating Life has been creating a new standard in the yachting industry since its inception in 2002. Floating Life can be compared to a refined boutique, dedicated to yachting, where our clients receive our thorough commitment and bespoke in-house services so that their needs, and those of their vessels, are constantly met. We are a group of highly efficient and experienced professionals, experts in each specific sector of yachting, delivering round-the-clock, worldwide effective support.
Floating Life International SA
Floating Life International SA
Via Gen. Guisan, 1
CH-6833 Vacallo – Switzerland
Tel. +41 (0) 91 6900064 / 65